Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Cherry Creek Time Trial - Race #5 2007

Timing is everything....at least today it was. It was a beutiful day with very little wind....that is up until about 15 minutes into my TT. Then the rath of mother nature decended upon us. 30+ mph wind gusts and rain pelted me over the last couple miles. Not exactly the "great" time I was expecting.....I have always listened to Kathy Sabine's weather forecasts, but I don't think she saw this one coming.
I knew the course was going to be fast, so I took off like a bullet out of the start gate. I had an awesome time at the first turnaround and started making my way back. I new things were going well when I passed Casey a little further along than usually. About 30 seconds later is when the sky opened up, the wind blew directly in my face, and I through out the anchor. Still ended up with a time of 26 min 26 sec, which put me in 26th position, but I feel pretty confident that I could have slipped into the top 20 if it weren't for the sudden change in weather. After the race I spent 20 minutes huddled in the back of Tim's truck trying to stay dry and warm. Then Dugan and I enjoyed a cold and wet ride back home. Overall I am pretty happy with the results....finally starting to get me legs again. Now it is time for some aero bars and a aero helmet.

Avg HR: 176
Max HR: 190a
Avg Speed: ~24 mph

Wheels of Thunder Crit this weekend.....stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home