Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cherry Creek Time Trial - Race #4 2007

The Cherry Creek Time Trial series round 4 occured today. Map of Race Course. Hmmm, can I say unprepared once again. I didn't get off work until about 5:30pm, so I was hauling ass to get from my house to the race course. Nothing like burning a few matches before you even get started. The wind was brutal this week. Pretty much a constant 20-25 mph with gusts of 30-40 mph. It was tough into the wind and wicked fast when the wind was behind me. I easily topped out in my 25/12 cassette. Nothing like time trialing with your climbing bike. I think next year I am going to invest in aero bars and a TT helmet. Overall I finished 41st out of 53 people in the Category 4 race group (winner in at 23min 52sec.) Wow, I was 5 minutes off the pace. My times and places are getting worse instead of better....Gotta do better than this.
Here are my stats from the race:
Temp: 60 degrees
Altitude: 5446
Lap Time: 28min 49sec
Distance: 10.5 miles
Avg Speed: 21.8 mph
Max Speed: 35 mph
Cadence Avg: 86 rpm
Cadence Max: 95 rpm
Avg Min/mile: 2.44
HR Max: 187 bpmHR
Avg: 178 bpm
Big time climbing planned this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home