Sunday, April 01, 2007

Last Day on the Slopes 2007

This winter has been weird. Tons of snow in Denver, not much on the slopes. Today was my only day on the slopes in March. And it was a great day to end the season. I headed up to Vail on a whim after hearing on the 10pm news the night before that it had snowed a foot that day and they were expecting 6-8 inches more overnight. Turns out I made a great decision. It was a powder day! And a dry powder day which is a little unusual for spring. Found some great stashes throughout blue sky basin and siberia bowl. Not many people around for a Saturday, so that was really nice. The skiing was so good that I didn't even take a lunch break. Not a bad way to end the season. Now it is time to get back to the bike training. (I was supposed to be racing today, but my legs are shot after yesterday. I think I'll head out for a long endurance ride instead)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home