Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Cherry Creek Time Trial - Race #2 2007

The Cherry Creek Time Trial series round 2 occured today. Map of Race Course. It was plesantly warm April afternoon with a temperature of 62 degrees, and the word of the day was WIND! There were SSE winds of 30-40mph. The wind was tough on from the start and I had difficulty making more than 18 mph at some points. But I could fly when the wind was behind me. Unfortunately, my cassette is a 12 so I spun out quickly when the wind was behind me. Overall I finished 39th out of 62 people in the Category 4 race group at 28minutes 38 seconds (winner in at 24min 02sec, WOW this is a minute slower than the top time last week - that is definitely thanks to the WIND). Since my time was 7 seconds slower than last week, this is now my new official worst ever time in the Cherry Creek Time Trial. Still need a lot more time on the bike. Dugan had a great day though with a time of 25min 57sec which landed him at 10th in the Category 3 race group. That is kick ass! He is now pimping a new Scott TT rig which probably helped a little :)
Here are my stats from the race:
Temp: 62 degrees
Altitude: 5446
Lap Time: 28min 38sec
Distance: 10.5 miles
Avg Speed: 21.8 mph
Max Speed: 38.8 mph
Cadence Avg: 81 rpm (better this week)
Cadence Max: 97 rpm
Avg Min/mile: 2.44
HR Max: 192 bpm
HR Avg: 184 bpm
Stay tuned for next weeks results. More riding to do this weekend!

2 Comments:

At Thu May 03, 02:21:00 PM, Blogger C. Dugan said...

update?

 
At Thu May 03, 03:52:00 PM, Blogger TK said...

I know dude. Need to update the blog, but I have been so bummed about my DQ at Deer Trail and my sorry times at Cherry Creek that I can't really get excited about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home