Friday, April 27, 2007

Cherry Creek Time Trial - Race #3 2007

The Cherry Creek Time Trial series round 3 occured today. Map of Race Course. It had rained several days before this race and part of the course was flooded. I started out my day racing for the starting line, which happened to be about 2 miles into the course. When I got there I found out that the creek was obstructing the road. I got to ride through about 6 inches of water to get to the start gate. Unfortunately, my feet got soaked in the process. I posted my best time ever, 16 minutes 35 seconds. This was due to the fact that the course was only 6.15 miles this week :) Overall I finished 36th out of 49 people in the Category 4 race group (winner in at 13min 55sec.) Didn't really have a good idea of how hard to go at various stages of the course, so probably a little slower than I should have been. Still need a lot more time on the bike. No where close to catching Dugan this year!
Here are my stats from the race:
Temp: 46 degrees
Altitude: 5446
Lap Time: 16min 35sec
Distance: 6.15 miles
Avg Speed: 22 mph
Max Speed: 32 mph
Cadence Avg: 86 rpm
Cadence Max: 95 rpm
Avg Min/mile: 2.42
HR Max: 190 bpm
HR Avg: 181 bpm
Stay tuned for Deer Trail results. More riding to do this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home