Saturday, February 11, 2006

Skiing - Breckenridge


I spent a very beautiful, but cold day at Breckenridge Saturday. Early in the morning I headed straight for the Imperial Express Lift and hiked to the top of the Imperial Bowl (12,998 feet). It was -5 degrees at the top with wind gusts of 40+ mph. I hiked to the top with one of the ski patrol guys, and as soon as we crested the summit we immediately put on our skis and headed down. He considered it too cold and dangerous to open any of the adjacent slopes, so I didn't get to do much exploring. It was so cold that I got a minor frostbite on my nose. Sorry it was a little too cold for pictures. Next warm day I'll do it again and post some killer shots from the lake chutes.
Since it was uncomfortable at the top of the mountain I played in the terrain park the rest of the day. I learned how to ride rails and worked on some small aerials....I have a few nice bruises for my efforts. Again, I was by myself so no good pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home