Wednesday, January 11, 2006

SCCM Meeting - San Francisco

I attended the Society of Critical Care Medicine Meeting in San Francisco from January 7-11th. This is probably my favorite meeting of the year. It has lots of great lectures from some of the top critical care practitioners in the world. It was in a great city too. We did a lot of the tourist attractions including the trip to Napa, seafood on the Fisherman's wharf, and hot fudge sundays at Ghiradelli Square.....good stuff! We stayed at the Stratford Hotel, which was located right on the cable car line and accross the street from a bar that has live music everynight. Not exactly the best accomidations and I wouldn't recommend it for light sleepers, but a good low priced alternative in the heart of San Francisco.
I presented 3 different research projects at this meeting. They have been published in the journal Critical Care Medicine (you can view the titles by searching by my name, but sorry a subscription is required to view them). I won't bore you with the details of the projects, but the abstract/poster presentations went well. I got some good feeback to help with the jounal article publications.
This should be my last meeting until May, I hope. Not that I don't enjoy the traveling....I just have been gone way to much the past few months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home