Thursday, April 27, 2006

Cherry Creek Time Trial - Week 3

The Cherry Creek Time Trial series continued today. Map of Race Course. It was a beautiful April afternoon with a temperature of 70 degrees, and the typical wind gusts of 20-30 mph. This was my second official attemp at the course. I tried to go hard from the start, but I could quickly tell that taking 10 days off the bike, traveling to sea level, and inhaling tons of second hand smoke from the Europeans was not the best way to train for this race.
The race started into the wind, which made for a painful first 12.5 minutes. Overall I finished 29th in the Category 4 race group at 26minutes 51 seconds (winner in at 23min 23sec). A little slower for me compared to last time, but overall I am pretty happy with the result. Dugan finished right behind me at 27 minutes (I still think he is holding back). Check out his result from the Boulder Beer Race....He was on the podium! A great finish for Casey and Swift Cycling! Our next race is this Saturday at Deer Trail....look for our results coming soon.

Here are my stats from the race:
Temp: 70 degrees
Altitude: 5446
Lap Time: 26min 36sec
Distance: 10.5 miles
Avg Speed: 23.1 mph
Max Speed: 35.2 mph
Cadence Avg: 79 rpm
Cadence Max: 103 rpm
Avg Min/mile: 2.3
HR Max: 190 bpm
HR Avg: 181 bpm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home