Thursday, April 13, 2006

Cherry Creek Time Trial - Race #1

The Cherry Creek Time Trial series started today. Map of Race Course. It was a beautiful April afternoon with a temperature of 72 degrees, and unfortunately winds of 20-30 mph. This was my first time trial, and I didn't really know what to expect. I tried to go hard from the start, but also save just a little for the finish. The race started into the wind, which made for a painful first 12 minutes. I was trying so hard to position myself in an aerodynamic position that I was practically kissing my steering tube at times. The second half of the race was more enjoyable a there was a slight tailwind, although it didn't seem to be as strong as the headwind on the way out :(
Overall I finished 20th in the Category 4 race group at 26minutes 36 seconds (winner in at 23min 25sec, WOW that is fast). Since this was my first time racing the TT, it was a personal best....and hey, I will take 20th any day of the week.

Here are my stats from the race:
Temp: 72 degrees
Altitude: 5446
Lap Time: 26min 36sec
Distance: 10.5 miles
Avg Speed: 23.4 mph
Max Speed: 32.8 mph
Cadence Avg: 81 rpm
Cadence Max: 103 rpm
Avg Min/mile: 2.33
HR Max: 192 bpm
HR Avg: 182 bpm
Total Heart Beats: 4898 (yikes!)

1 Comments:

At Thu Apr 13, 09:38:00 AM, Blogger C. Dugan said...

That's awesome. Glad to see the Ninja training is paying off

 

Post a Comment

<< Home